I’m so excited to share with you this sweet and delicious GOLDEN MILK elixir featuring TURMERIC as the star ingredient. I’ll be honest and tell you that I’ve never been a fan of the taste of turmeric (or so I thought), even though I know that it’s one of the best health superfoods that’s so amazingly healthy, especially for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. That was because I don’t like curry, which includes turmeric as one of the main ingredients.
But thankfully, golden milk has changed my opinion of the taste of turmeric!
Golden milk is an Ayurvedic healing tea that’s been used for many years as a treatment for inflammation, to purify the blood, and even help support the female reproductive system.
The recipe is from my recent trip to Sanoviv in Baja California, Mexico. It’s such an amazing place that I need to tell you more about it!
My Sanoviv Health Education Retreat
Sanoviv is a Medical Institute that practices what they call “functional medicine”.
They use a combination of traditional Western medical practices, along with other “alternative” or “integrative” practices including the latest lab testing and other diagnostic techniques, The staff includes medical doctors, nutritionists, psychologists, biological dentists, energy medicine practitioners and chiropractors. And get this… the whole team sits down as a group, reviews your test and diagnosis results and intake information, and work together on a treatment plan that includes botanical medicines and supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification programs and stress management and other lifestyle changes. And they educate their guests and patients on why all it’s important, the power of healthy, healing foods, and how to continue that lifestyle when they go back home.
How awesome is that?!!
And it’s truly a non-toxic environment, from all of the building materials to the delicious organic foods. You’re not even allowed to wear any makeup or skincare with any chemicals, or use a hairdryer… And you wear the organic cotton clothes they provide and even wear shoes provided by them, other than your running shoes when in the gym. I thought this was a little weird at first, but I quickly got used to it, and my skin has never felt better!
Imagine a world where all healthcare was like this… how much healthier and happier people would be? That’s my dream, and my mission with Radiant Health Revolution.
I’m so grateful that I got to experience 5 days in that kind of environment. It really was magical, and I want to share that knowledge and experience with you. So please help me spread the word!
I encourage you to check out the Sanoviv website if you’d like to learn more!
I was there for a five day health education retreat that included nutrition seminars along with the full Sanoviv experience. Other guests were patients with health conditions from cancer, to hormone imbalances, and detoxification programs to diabetes. One of the really cool things is that they focus on educating their guests on how to live a healthy lifestyle when they return. And I mean holistic style… nutrition, exercise, meditation, emotions… the whole mind body spirit philosophy that I believe so much in.
Everyone gets their own personalized schedule every day. Here’s a sample of one of mine just to give you a taste.
- Lemon Water, Wheat Grass, Spiritual Meditation, GOLDEN MILK!, Flow Stretching, Breakfast, Reflexology Massage, Green Juice, Manicure, Healthy Snack, Microscopic Blood Analysis, Happy Cardio Class
- Lunch, Food Prep Class, Sugar and Health Lecture, Green Juice, Seaweed Body Wrap, Infrared Sauna, Wheat Grass, Rebounding Class
- Dinner, Digestion and Detox Class, Coconut Water and a session in the outdoor thalasso pools before bed!
Ahhh, such an amazing experience and worlds away from my daily life back home… I know that I will be going back!
I knew that Golden Milk was one of their daily health rituals. And I was hesitant to try it because of my dislike of curry. But let me tell you that I loved it!
I miss my daily dose now that I’m back home, so I’ve started to make it as a weekend treat that I really look forward to.
- Super powerful anti-inflammatory
- Useful in preventing cancer
- Used as a treatment for diabetes, heart disease, psoriasis and arthritis
- Helps improves digestion
- Relieves stomach cramps and gas
- Enhances appetite
- Relieves acidity in the stomach
- Improves mental strength and relieves tension
- Balances blood sugar
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
Golden Milk Recipe
Ingredients (makes 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup almond or other nut milk
- 1-2 tbsp of almond or coconut oil (optional)
- Pinch of cardamom and cinnamon
- Raw honey to taste
- Boil water and turmeric in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes (you need to cook the turmeric)
- Bring the nut milk to a boil on a separate burner
- Add the coconut oil, cardamom, cinnamon and honey to the nut milk
- Combine the two mixtures
- You can blend the golden milk in a blender on a low speed until frothy
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top
Enjoy the sweet, creamy delicious taste, and think about all of the amazing health benefits as you enjoy this super powerful elixir!
Like this post? Get more radiant health goodies delivered straight to your inbox. Plus get a free copy of our FREE RADIANT BEAUTY GUIDE!
If you liked this post, I’d be super grateful if you’d share on social media using the links below.
Lots of love and gratitude,