Ahh, chocolate chip cookies, my weakness that I’ve become too addicted to lately. It’s finally time to move on…
Dearest Chocolate Chip Cookie,
First off I must say that I am grateful for all of the joy and comfort you have brought into my life. You’ve started off as a special once in a while treat that I looked forward to. But your and sugary goodness slowly drew me in until I became addicted. As I sit here in Starbucks on a Sunday morning enjoying my productive working time with you, I must let you know that this is the last time I will enjoy your company. At least for a while. Maybe some day when I’m over you we can see each other once in a while, but for now, I need a clean break from you. Here is why I must move on…
I am a Holistic Nutritionist now! I know there are much healthier options for me out there. Here’s just a few of your sugar’s harmful effects. Not what I need in my life.
- Can contribute to heart disease
- Can raise blood pressure and triglycerides
- Can cause inflammation
- Contributes to obesity and Type 2 Diabetes
- Weakens the immune system
- Can cause or worsen arthritis
I will miss you and this is hard for me but it is for the best. It is time for me to choose radiant health.
Farewell my love!
My new sweet love is these awesome and delicious chocolate banana energy balls. Featuring magnesium rich raw cacao, potassium rich bananas, antioxidant superfood goji berries, and brain boosting walnuts, just to name a few of the nutrient dense ingredients that are so much better for me.
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds or a combination)
- 10 large dates, pitted
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbs goji berries
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- Add nuts, dates, banana, protein powder, coconut flakes, cacao nibs and goji berries to a food processor and blend until it starts to stick together.
- In the mean time, melt cocoa butter on low heat and add in raw cacao. Stir together until well blended and the cocoa butter is melted.
- Add food processor contents into a large bowl.
- Add melted cocoa butter and cacao.
- Mix together well. Get in there with your hands and make sure it's well blended.
- Form mixture into balls about an inch round.
- Roll in shredded coconut (optional). You will have to press it lightly into the balls so it sticks.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack or dessert!
Like this post?
Get more delivered straight to your inbox. Plus get a free copy of our free Radiant Beauty Guide.
I’d love to hear your comments or questions below!
Thanks so much for reading and feel free to share the love on social media. I’d be super grateful 🙂